A Lady Forsaken
Genre: Historical Romance, Regency
Publisher: La Loma Elite Publishing
Date of Publication: May 30, 2014
Number of pages: 300 Approximate
Word Count: 75,000 Approximate
Cover Artist: LFD Designs for Authors
A Lady Shunned by All…
Lady Viola Oberbrook only wanted to forget the ill-fated early morning duel that took the lives of two young, wealthy, promising men of the ton and sent her fleeing for her father’s country estate. Eight years later, she has her life in order: a fulfilling business, a few trusted friends, and no plans to return to London society. What she doesn’t expect is to come face to face with her past.
A Lord Betrayed by One…
Brock Spencer, Earl of Haversham, only wants vengeance. Recently returned from his military service to the King, his plans include repairing his family estate, finding a bride, and destroying the girl responsible for the untimely death of his twin brothers. What he doesn’t anticipate is falling in love with the only woman who should never be part of his future.
An Impossible Match, Destined to Be…
My Top Ten Historical Romance Authors
10. Eloise James has stayed true to the Historical Romance genre throughout her career. Her novels never disappoint and always leave the reader wanting more.
9. Catherine Coulter’s Sherbrooke Brides books started my love for Historical Romance series. Your favorite characters’ journeys continue long after their book is complete.
8. Julia Garwood’s books are so enchanting that I will forsake my favorite place and time period (Regency England) to read her book, For The Roses—and I do it at least once a year!
7. Lisa Kleypas has mastered the art of writing a heroine that every woman would give up modern conveniences to be! I could live without running water, computers, and modern medicine to be Winnifred Hathaway in Seduce Me at Sunrise.
6. Pamela Britton knows how to write a rake of the first order! Her books Scandal, Seduced, and Tempted feature super hot bad boys!
5. Christina Dodd—what more do I need to say? The woman is an icon and legend! I recommend all of her books.
4. Lauren Royal brings a whole new to dimension to a love story. Her Jewel Series (Amethyst, Emerald, and Amber) is full of snappy dialogue and captivating characters.
3. Julia Quinn wrote another of my favorite series, The Bridgertons. The series follows a group of siblings (named in alphabetical order, which is helpful since there are a ton of them!) and their unique love stories.
2. Amanda Quick combines dynamic characters, romance, accurate historical details, and mystery to create enthralling books, including Deception, Desire, Mischief, Mistress, Scandal and Reckless (to name a few!)
1. My all-time favorite historical romance series is written by Stephanie Laurens. The Cynster Novels follow a family full of interesting men and women who will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time!
Christina McKnight is a book lover turned writer. From a young age, her mother encouraged her to tell her own stories. She’s been writing ever since. Currently, she focuses on Historical Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance.
Christina enjoys a quiet life in Northern California with her family, her wine, and lots of coffee. Oh, and her books…don’t forget her books! Most days she can be found writing, reading, or traveling the great state of California.