Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Author Cage ~ We have a sizzling interview with author Livia Olteano.

Authorcagehot

Are you guys enjoying our sizzling author cages? Well today’s no different. We have another Only The Brave interview. Today on the blog we have Livia Olteano, her amazing gargoyle series are to die for. We would like to thank Livia for joining us and just making this amazing.

Are you ready??

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Hey there, glad to be here. I'm Livia, I'm 26 yo and I live in Europe.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

Really? This is the toughest audience? If you'd ask me, I'd say the young adult segment is tougher to write for. I write for adults because I've had an adult way of thinking even when I was much too young for it. Old soul and all that, I guess. It makes sense for me to write for adults because we write what we want to read, right? And I want to read adult or new adult (not in the sense of Upper Young Adult, though.)

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I'm not sure what is says about me, really, but I've never had any issues writing steamy scenes. If anything, it's the emotional ones I find more difficult in fact, lol. I just give my characters the freedom to do what they want, and they always have fun with that. Seems natural to me, not much effort.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

Like a date, real date? Hmm… Riddick, most likely. The Vin Diesel version :D

Your favorite adult fiction books is-?

I can't just pick one, I mean… I love zounds of them, it's shocking how many amazing authors there are out there. I can't keep up with all of their awesome work, that's how many awesome kickass books there are. I love loooots of them.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

Nothing done by people ever reaches the 'full' potential; there's always going to be more, because there's always going to be more to us as creators. If you ask me, the sky is the limit, and since the sky is endless…

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

Everything I possess I treasure deeply. Yes, I'm a very, very possessive creature. Always have been that way. I take outmost care with everything too, almost never ruin a thing…it kind of freaks people around me out, lol.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

In a vague way, everything we ever see, hear, feel, experience etc influences our creative process. But have I ever based one thing or another on someone I know? No, never. I think I wouldn't feel comfortable telling the story of a character based on a real person I'd know. Weird, right?

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

I think communication helps relationships, if they can be helped at all. If adult fiction can get the partners having real discussions on things that are important to them, or if it helps give them both new perspectives on things, then sure - adult fiction can help.

Though readers should use caution when venturing out into the fictional wilderness. Sometimes it might help you discover things about yourself that you'd rather have kept ignoring; sometimes those parts of you awaken and refuse to go back to sleep. So be careful :)

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

Young Adult, and advise them to keep to that until they grow beyond that threshold that's making them uncomfortable. Shy is another way of saying someone is uncomfortable with something; either they evolve and go beyond that, or they should stick to what feels right.

What is your motto?

The point of living every day is to have fun, to enjoy, to experience and feel. If you've wasted today by doing none of those things, do them all with twice the enthusiasm tomorrow. Don't waste your time, it's your most valuable and perishable asset.

You have a few steamy moments in your novel. Were they created from fantasy or is there real life experience behind it?

Well, if you're asking me am I a virgin, lol, I'm not. Some of what I've experienced has probably seeped into steamy moments I write, though I can't say I've used anything in particular or drew inspiration from something I lived - at least not as far as I'm aware.

Why did you choose a more experienced woman rather then a virgin?

I don't think I've used the virgin thing in any of my stories. I think it has to do with my reluctance to try anything via the Young Adult viewpoint. In my mind, virginity goes with Young Adult stories. I don't tend to write virgin stories for some reason, so I write characters who aren't virgins, though they might be having their first experience of another kind.

Foreplay, some say it’s just a waste of energy, others feel that it’s a must. You’re opinion?

How should I put this… When you're gonna eat somewhere, you look through a menu and pick out what looks the most appetizing to you right then. While you wait, you're thinking about the fact that you're going to have this dish…you're wondering how it will be this time, even if you've had it a million times before, because no two dishes will ever be exactly the same, even when prepared by the same chef. When your plate is finally in front of you, you've been craving it at least since you ordered it if not sooner. You take deep breaths and enjoy the caress of that heavenly aroma, your mouth waters as you feast your eyes on the dish. You lick your lips, but take one more second to deny yourself actually wolfing it down. That's the point when you crave it the most, your whole body is screaming for every juicy morsel that you're going to treat yourself to. And then you take that first taste, close your eyes and moan in delight.

You'll fill your stomach from here on; you'll have fun with the meal, it's gonna be nutritive and nice to remember, but the magic was that first taste after all the yearning and craving. Swallowing the food is sex without foreplay. In fact, it's swallowing the food while having your eyes covered and your nose pinched. Does it do the job of feeding you? Sure, I guess. It fills the stomach, keeps the body functioning properly. It tastes good, yeah. But the real magic isn't in functional, it's in lavish sensory and sensual satisfaction.

What sexual position is your favorite?

Hmm…I'm probably going to say missionary. Old school, huh?

Have you ever used your nails and left marks?

Most definitely.

Do you think lingerie is a must for a relationship?

Everything that delights the senses is a must in anyone and everyone's life. Lingerie most definitely delights, wouldn't you agree?

Are you a screamer or the bite it down kind of lover?

Both :D

Why did you choose to write Paranormal/Fantasy?

I love the freedom of the worldbuilding involved. Geeky, I know… :D

There is a lot of biting in your novel, are you a biter yourself?

*Blushes* It can be very hot, when done at the right time and in the right way. We've all read Kama Sutra, right? … Right?...

What creature/species do you think makes the ultimate lover?

Someone immortal and stupid strong, for obvious, endless reasons, lol. Stamina and enthusiasm make the ultimate lover, I think. Whoever has those and makes love to someone is going to be the ultimate lover :)

What creature/species is you’re favorite?

I love them all. Maybe except lizard-like things, I associate trolls, orcs, and such to lizards. Bleh.

Have you ever participated in BDSM?

No, I have not. But I've read zounds on it, watched… you know, documented, researched.. :D

BDSM have been describe as the ultimate form of trust between two people, do you agree?

Yes, I do. Which is why I don't see myself easily participating in it - I have trust issues.

Any favorite toys?

Neah. My favorite toy is the mind…you can get endless games, always new, if you know how to play with or the mind.

Does pain really enhance the sexual experience?

I wouldn't say it's about the actual pain. More like what it triggers as response from you, what state of mind it puts you in, what levels of trust it helps you reach with your partner. If you ask me, it's a means to an end, and not the only one that can get you there. That's my take on it.

Who is the better Dom? Male or Female?

It's an attitude thing, a vibe thing, not a gender thing in my opinion.

You’re perfect male Dom would be?

Irresistibly charismatic, intelligent, observant, confident, assertive, endlessly persuasive and undoubtedly trustworthy.

You’re perfect female Dom would be?

Same as above.

What is you’re perfect game setup?

We're assuming I'm playing with someone I completely trust? Any game, then. I wouldn't know where my limits are without trying to reach them first, right? :)

Wow, we sizzling in our author cage. Thanks for being such a great treat Livia. You can find out more about Livia here

No comments:

Post a Comment