Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Author Cage ~ Author Annie Nicholas steps into the cage today.

No refuge Banner 450 x 169

 

Today in author cage we have  Annie Nicholas, author of No Refuge. We would like to thank Annie for stopping by and Sharing with us.

 

clip_image002About Annie:

Annie Nicholas writes paranormal romance with a twist. She has courted vampires, hunted with shifters, and slain a dragon’s ego all with the might of her pen. Riding the wind of her imagination, she travels beyond the restraints of reality and shares them with anyone wanting to read her stories. Mother, daughter, and wife are some of the other hats she wears while hiking through the hills and dales of her adopted state of Vermont.

Annie writes for Samhain Publishing, Carina Press, and Lyrical Press.

Website: www.annienicholas.com

Blog: www.annienicholas.blogspot.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Annie-Nicholas#!/pages/Annie-Nicholas/162716537103705

Twitter: https://twitter.com/annienicholas

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3132972.Annie_Nicholas

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/annienicholas/

Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/yt8Kv

 

Authorcage

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

I’m Annie Nicholas and I’m known for my paranormal romances but I just stuck my toe into sci-fi romance. I’m a mom of two active boys, a fat hound, and a huge great dane. I love to read, garden, and travel. I’m also a Cancer and love the water.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

The day I decided I wanted to be published. It started as a hobby. I would sometimes post a few excerpts online and I got some great responses to my stories. This encouraged me to join a writing group who then encouraged me to pursue publishing. That moment. That’s when I crossed over.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

I didn’t fit in anywhere else. I don’t read YA so I definitely couldn’t write it or at least, write it well.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

Oh my, I did find that difficult. I read a lot of erotic books. Took notes on how they approached it. I read A LOT of articles on the subject because it’s really not as easy as it seems. Most people don’t want to read about just slot A fitting in slot B. The thing they want is emotion and reaction. Once I figured out that part and how to express it on paper, I did so with lots of blushing then passed it on to my critic partners. Then blushed some more. It took a few books to get over myself and to find the words I was comfortable with. Now, I write it without hesitation. LOL

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

Some people might roll their eyes at this but it is MY date. LOL Jean Claude from LKH’s Anita Blake series. Why? Incubus. Need I say more?

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

The Dark One by Angela Knight. My reaction? There was a certain ritual scene that made me dizzy and I had to sit on my kitchen floor before I fell down. LOL (True story) And remember, it was my first adult fiction.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

Kresley Cole’s The Professional. I inhaled it.

Your favorite Author is-?

Nalini Singh, Darynda Jones, and Jim Butcher

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

I have a box where I keep the outfits my both of my sons wore the first day out of the hospital. I just can’t give them away.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

They’re all created from scratch. Most of them have lived in my head for years before the appear. I always start by creating a character then once I know them well, I’ll write them a story.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I still think there are some surprises left out there to be had. A lot of the adult books are still not main stream.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

That’s a hard question. I think it depends on the problems. Adult fiction can help couples explore new ideas in safety and inspire them. I think that there is also a risk of people having unrealistic expectation. Fiction is fantasy. We have to take it with a grain of salt.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

How do you know you won’t like it until you try it?

What is your motto?

Never fear.

If you would like to find out more about this amazing author, check out the book blast below.

No comments:

Post a Comment