Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Author Cage~ Savannah Young takes on Only The Brave today.

banner


Today in author cage we have Savannah Young, author of Wilde Riders. Savannah is also on of out Only The Brave authors taking on our toughest interview. We would like to thank Savannah for being so brave and sharing with us.

About Savannah Young:
clip_image002Romance novelist Savannah Young grew up in rural northwest New Jersey in a place very similar to the fictional Old Town, which is featured in her books. When she's not at her computer creating spicy stories, Savannah is traveling to exotic locales or spending time with her husband and their bloodhounds.






Media Links -
Facebook / Twitter / Website / Goodreads
clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006




Authorcagehot
 
Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?
I am an award-winning/optioned screenwriter, Amazon Bestselling Novelist, produced playwright…and that doesn’t even include my day job! I write romance novels under the pen names Dakota Madison and Savannah Young.
When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?
I told my mom that I wanted to write my first book when I was about four-years old. As soon as I learned to read, I wanted to write!
Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?
Who says adult fiction is tougher than writing for kids or young adults? My kids’ time travel book took me a year to write because it required so much research. I wrote 12 Dakota Madison romance novels in a year (http://12novels12months.tumblr.com ). When I made the decision to try to write full-time and eventually give up my “day job” I knew I needed to write in a genre that was more lucrative, so I decided to write romance novels.
Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?
That wasn’t easy for me! I think it gets easier the more you write and the more romance you read. It also helps to write under a pen name (or two!).
Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?
Kian Kavanagh from the Dakota Madison FIRE ON ICE series. He’s my all-time favorite romance character. He’s been described by a reader as “1 part gladiator, 1 part Arthurian Knight, 1 part street punk, and all male.” He’s also the character that’s most like my husband.
What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?
I’ve been reading adult fiction since I was a teenager and that was years ago! I really don’t remember…
Your favorite adult fiction book is-?
It’s extremely difficult for me to select one favorite book. So many books have had an impact on me as a writer. I have to say that I thought Easy by Tammara Webber was exceptionally well written and perfect for the target audience.
Your favorite Author is-?
Oscar Wilde
We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?
I’m not sure you can actually classify them as “possessions” but I consider my bloodhounds priceless. They’re the only things I would consider saving from a burning house (after my husband, of course!).
Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?
If I told you that, I’d have to kill you! J There’s a reason why all my books have a disclaimer on the copyright pages that covers “resemblance to any persons living, dead or dated by the author” to be purely coincidental.
Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?
There are a finite number of human stories and they have all been told and retold throughout history. It’s the unique execution of those stories that keeps people entertained.
Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?
I think it depends on the book!
If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone who’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?
I never try to convince someone to read something if they’re not comfortable reading it. I think what one chooses to read is a very personal decision.
What is your motto?
“Ask forgiveness, not permission.”
Author Name: Savannah Young
You have a few steamy moments in your novel. Were they created from fantasy or is there real life experience behind it?
Most of what I write comes from experience but there are a few scenes that are purely fiction…
Why did you choose a virgin rather than a more experienced woman?
I’ve written characters from “virgin” to “slut” and everything in between! I generally write whatever sexual experience level serves the story.
Foreplay, some say it’s just a waste of energy, others feel that it’s a must. You’re opinion?
There are time when foreplay is appropriate and other times when it’s just about “getting in” and “getting busy.”
What sexual position is your favorite?
On top!
Have you ever used your nails and left marks?
No…
Do you think lingerie is a must for a relationship?
My husband thinks so!
Are you a screamer or the bite it down kind of lover?
Not a screamer at all.
Wow we do love our Only The Brave authors. Thanks Savannah! If you would like to find out more about Savannah and her book check out the book blast below.

















































1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me on your website! I appreciate it!
    Savannah Young

    ReplyDelete