Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Author Cage: Author Decadent Kane takes on our Only The Brave interview.

Authorcagehot

 

Today in the hot seat we have author Decadent Kane. We would like to thank Decadent for being such a treat and just making this interview fabulous. Make sure to check out today’s book blast to find out more about Decadent and her super hot and steamy novel, Tempting Clover. Our reviewer was on cloud 9 with this baby. So…

Are you ready??

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Elves are my go to characters. I'm secretly in love with Dean Whichester. And I can't walk into a bookstore without buying at least one book.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

Truthfully- I was dared to. I can't think of a better way to start.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I didn't have stage fright over the steamy scenes. A while back I actually went into an adult chat room and role played sexually to learn how to write those steamy scenes- and it worked- I take pride in my steamy scenes.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

Rhet Butler- because he is the ultimate dream guy.

Your favorite adult fiction books is-?

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

Personally, I think people are in for a surprise. The erotic genre is starting to get it's barings, and while it has been around for a while, there has always been this stigma that went with it- like some dirty secret to hide in the closest. But I firmly believe that view is slowly changing. Once it does- then adult fiction will rise into its prime and be glorious.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

My mother's ashes.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

From scratch.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

I don't really know if it helps improve relationships, but I think people can learn things from all books including adult fiction. Reading is knowledge.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

I would whisper in their ear that no one needs to know…

What is your motto?

The only way to find out is to try.

You have a few steamy moments in your novel. Were they created from fantasy or is there real life experience behind it?

I think I bring some real life experience to my scenes. How could I not. If I'm supposed to make my readers feel it with my character's then I'd better know how it feels to some degree.

Why did you choose a a more experienced woman rather than a virgin?

A virgin would never have lasted in this book. The curse of my leading elfess is to get turned on to the highest degree and then turn over her sexual essence to a goblin for his potions. A virgin wouldn't know what to do with herself.

Foreplay, some say it’s just a waste of energy, others feel that it’s a must. You’re opinion?

Foreplay is always a must.

What sexual position is your favorite?

Doggy style.

Have you ever used your nails and left marks?

Absolutely.

Do you think lingerie is a must for a relationship?

A must- no- but if a guy was really into it, it would be to an advantage to wear it…

Are you a screamer or the bite it down kind of lover?

I think a little of both, depends on how caught up in the moment I am.

Why did you choose to write Paranormal/Fantasy?

I like the deep dark secrets the paranormal fantasy world can hold. I can create things I wouldn't be able to in normal fiction.

What creature/species do you think makes the ultimate lover?

Oh that is a difficult question! An incubus I think would make the ultimate lovers.

What creature/species if you’re favorite?

Elves.

Have you ever participated in BDSM?

A little bit of bondage here and there.

BDSM have been describe as the ultimate form of trust between two people, do you agree?

I do agree. I would never allow myself to be at another's mercy unless I could trust them completely.

Any favorite toys?

Vibrators.

Does pain really enhance the sexual experience?

I think it can if it is done at the right moment- right at the height of arousal.

Who is the better Dom? Male or Female?

Personally, a man.

You’re perfect male Dom would be?

*licks lips*

My perfect male dom would be a man willing to let me try to get free but always brings me back without embarrassing me. He takes control and always talks dirty when he gets involved. He'd be strong and soft.

What is you’re perfect game setup?

If I had to act out BDSM- I'd like to be tied up suspended, no way to touch my partner, but he could do whatever he wanted to me. He'd tease me mercilessly, always bringing me close but never giving me the option until he was ready for me to. Tender touches…I should stop now. Clears throat.

Hell yeah!! Our Only The Brave interviews are getting freaking awesome! If you would like to find out more about Decadent and her novel check it out here

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to have me on your blog. I really enjoyed doing this interview.

    ReplyDelete