Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Author Cage: Denise Lynn steps into the cage today to share with us.

Authorcage

 

Welcome to today’s author cage. We have the lovely Denise Lynn, author of Dream Knight here to share with us. We would like to thank Denise for stopping by today. So here we go…

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Hi. I’m Denise Lynn, a self-proclaimed Romance addict with no intention of cutting off my supply. I live in NW Ohio with my husband of...wow, it’ll be 35 years this June and fewer 4-legged “kids” than we had a couple years ago. We’re down to 4 fur babies as opposed to...cough...7. I write Medieval and Paranormal Romance and love having a legit reason to not only talk to myself, but to provide the answers, too.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I think I’ve always been a “writer” because talking is way too hard. Letters to Grandma usually ended up close to book length.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

LOL – a dare. After kvetching about the ending of a Romance novel I’d been reading, my dh told me to put my money where my mouth was.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I haven’t.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

King Arthur. LOL – I don’t know...because my other choice would have been Steve from Sweet, Savage Love.

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

Since I started out reading Gothic Romances in junior high, then moved on to Historical Romances at a time when sex wasn’t between the pages (I have all but 2 of Sylvia Thorpe’s Fawcett Crest Historicals). The first “modern” fiction book I read was The Fear of Flying by Erica Jong. Still a kid, I was...speechless...but glued on every page. LOL. The zipless f*ck? So, when I moved on to “modern” Historical Romances next (Sweet, Savage Love being first), the shock factor was non-existent.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

The Black Lyon by Jude Deveraux – a copy of the first release, with the cover taped together and the pages falling out sits right here next to my keyboard at all times.

Your favorite Author is-?

I seriously don’t have one favorite author. My list of auto buys is a mile long.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

A 19th century domed, cedar-lined chest with hammered tin rose trim from my great grandparents.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

My h/h’s are always fictional. Some of the secondary characters in my Medievals were actual people in the 12th century.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

Since stories are as old as time and there aren’t too many new things, I think the surprises will come in the method the story is told, not the story itself.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

I know adult fiction helped me know when it was time to walk away. Physical abuse isn’t heroic, period. It’s something the villain does. Unfortunately, in real life the bad guy doesn’t always “get his.” But, yeah, I guess it does help “improve” some relationships.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

After finding a boat load of Native American/captive Romance novels under my grandmother’s bed and stuffed in the sides of her furniture (WOW – grandma, really?), I don’t think there is anyone too shy to read adult fiction. LOL. If that ever happened, I’d tell the person to get an eReader so nobody knows what they’re reading. Then I’d suggest they join Goodreads and snoop around for recs that sounded interesting to them.

What is your motto?

If you’re going to dream, dream big.

If you would like to know more about Denise Lynn, check out today’s book blast of Dream Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment