Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Author Cage ~ Author Nancy Corrigan steps into the cage today.

Authorcage

 

Welcome to another author cage. Today author Nancy Corrigan joins us today in author cage and shares some fun answer with us. We would like to thank Nancy for stopping by today and sharing with us. Here we go…

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

I’m an erotic paranormal author. I write the Royal Pride series for Ellora’s Cave (the Wild Hunt series will soon be coming to Ellora’s too). I’m also a wife, mother and a chemist in my non-writing job.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I didn’t consider myself a writer until I placed in a contest in Jan 2013. I hadn’t been writing long as I’d only started in late 2011 and gave it up for most of the next year before writing Unexpected Find in the fall of 2012.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

By accident. I hadn’t meant to write, but I couldn’t get Rafe and Jazz’s story out of my head. I’m also slightly competitive (or as my husband would say, stubborn). Someone had told me I couldn’t write, so I had to prove them wrong.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

As an erotic writer, the steamy sex scenes aren’t a problem for me, but they do take considerably longer to write than other scenes. I tend to go back and add layers upon the original scene several times before I declare it done.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

Rafe from Unexpected Find. He’s a hot alpha male, but he’s also a romantic at heart. Although any of the males from the Royal Pride series have an intense look that makes you feel as though you’re the center of their attention.

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

The first adult paranormal I read was Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice. I was completely captivated by the world and characters she created. Paranormal is my favorite genre probably because of her writing.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

That’s a hard question for an author. I have so many! The books of my favorite authors usually top the list. One of my favorites is Slade by Laurann Dohner

Your favorite Author is-?

Laurann Dohner.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

Not exactly a possession, but my family is very important to me. I treasure their love and support. No matter what happens in life, I know they’ll have my back.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

A little of both. Traits of people I know show up in my characters’ personalities, but they’re mostly made from scratch.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I think there are always surprises and sometimes the twist on a traditional storyline can open a new door also. Readers (including me) love series and one set in a rich world will draw people back to see what’s happening next, much like a good TV show.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

It can as long as the reader takes it for what it is—fiction. I also think an erotic can have a positive result on love relationships if the reader puts their e-reader/book down and reaches for their partner. In a world where daily life can zap our sex drives, a little fantasy can do wonders.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

My tagline is ‘Sizzling fantasies…with bite’. I think it’s important for a reader to know when they open one of my books they’re falling into a world of fantasy (paranormal based, that is) where the rules of the normal world don’t apply and fantasy is reality. However, I can promise enduring love at the end of the book even if the road to finding it is rocky, heart-wrenching and risky. In a world of danger and unorthodox laws, the question comes down to this…what would you risk for a love strong enough to span eternity?

What is your motto?

Live one day at a time.

If you would like to find out more about this fabulous author and her book check out the series blast below.

1 comment: