Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Author Cage: Today on the blog we interview author Yolanda Shoshana, author of Coven of the Courtesan.

Authorcage

 

Today in author cage we have invited author Yolanda Shoshana over for an interview. Her book Coven of the Courtesan is one of todays book blast. We would like to thank Yolanda for stopping by and sharing with us. So here we go…

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Thanks so much for having me on Darkest Cravings. As for me, I am a Witch, Clairvoyant, Courtesan Curator, and Author. I help people ( especially women) have amazing love, toe curling sex, and unleash their magick.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

This is a good question. I have always written to express myself from journals to solo plays. Being creative has been in me for as long as I can remember. If I have to pick a time I would say a little over ten years ago, when I starting blogging to express my thoughts to a wider audience. That is when I embraced the the label, “writer.”

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

I have been wanting to write a book for awhile, but finally I had the "aha" moment. Being a witch, I became tired to people getting witchcraft and magick all wrong. As I thought about how I could help to education people on the subject, my novelette series, The Courtesan Chronicles, came to mind. I figured that one of the best ways to show off real magick, spells, witches, courtesans, etc is to make it fun and sexy.

That is what originally led me to adult fiction. Now I am enjoying the the ride and have other series I would love to do as well as continue with my sexy witches in Coven of the Courtesan.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

For me there wasn't much stage fright since by day I am already known as being a sexpert of sorts. Alot of my work centers around sex from my sex magick readings to writing about food and sex. For me it was totally normal. What surprised me is that my book is more about seduction versus sex. It’s about a journey of the senses versus tear off my clothes and take me now.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

It is okay, if I say Ramennis Ewing from my book, Coven of the Courtesan. Seriously! I made him like the women in New York like their men: tall, dark, handsome, and filthy rich. He is the ultimate New York bachelor, the one that we all would love to catch. The character is also fun and flirty, with a hot set of dimples. The kind that makes a woman purr!

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

I am not sure if I remember my first adult fiction novel, but the one that I remember that left a huge impact on me was Flowers in the Attic. At the time it was not called adult fiction nor is it probably now, but the incest and sexual stuff in the book was something especially years ago. That book made me want to read. I could not put down V.C. Andrews books. All her stuff was twisted and and fabulous.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

Belinda by Anne Rampling/Anne Rice, mainly because it opened my mind and gave me sexy fantasties. I remember being astounded that it was by Anne Rice. I had just read the vampire books so when I read Belinda, it blew my mind.

Your favorite Author is-?

Jackie Collin would be at the top of my list. I admire her for her sass, class, and amazing writing career. I got to meet her last year when she was in New York promoting her book, The Power Trip. She is just divine and has the best stories to share. If you ever have the opportunity to meet her, you must because she is simply inspiring and just a pure hoot.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

I would say my oracle card collection. I am a bit of a tarot/oracle card junkie so my decks are my treasures. I just got four new decks that I am in love with. The funny thing is since I am a clairvoyant medium, I don't need the cards. That may be why I have such a funky eclectic collection of cards some even a little bit naughty.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

My characters are a mix, creations inspired by real people. I would say that one of the witches in the book, Bast, has bits and pieces of me in her while the Pixie Peppermint and Lola are a combo of some lovely ladies that I know.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?’

I do not think adult fiction has reached it's full potential, I think what we will see it being reinvented, which is happening with the rise of self-publishing. Some surprises are coming probably in the form of mix media books, with video, interaction, etc. I created perfumes inspired by my characters in the book which makes it mixed media. As I talk about scent in the book, people can experience it as they read or after they have read the book.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

Absolutely! I think adult fiction stirs the pot for creative in and out of the bedroom in relationships. Look at what 50 Shades did for many relationships. It helps some women explore something new or own up to the fact that they like it a bit kinky or wild. One of the things that I always recommend women to do is read something sexy to their partner, it’s amazing foreplay.

What is your motto?

Keep your head up and heart open is my motto. When things seem dark, keeping your head up will help you see the light. If your heart is open. amazing things can happen and it allow more love to flow in. It is something that I keep in mind on a daily basis and it hasn't failed me yet.

Make sure to check out the book blast today to find out more about Yolanda’s book.

No comments:

Post a Comment