Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Author Cage: @ConnieFlynn shares with us today in author cage.

Authorcage

Today in author cage we have invited Connie Flynn, author of Know When To Run, to share with us. We would like to thank Connie for stopping by today. So here we go…

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

I've been writing since the late 80's and have a backlist of ten traditionally published novels, four of them supernatural romance, which I've reissued through CKF Enterprises.  I have also published three short stories. The novel from CKF that I'm currently launching is KNOW WHEN TO RUN and it's my first new novel since I began publishing independently.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

When I sold my first book, which was to Harlequin Enterprises.  Laughable as it now sounds, I got into writing as a way to make money, and now it is a calling. I can't imagine doing anything else.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?


I love supernatural settings and while I know romance is the most competitive market out there, it's also the largest buying group.   It was partly a business decision, but  I'm not wedded to any particular genre and my choice of which one to use depends on the story floating around in my mind when I needing a new project.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I write as steamy as the story calls for it.  All my sensual scenes are tied into the internal and external conflict so I never give much attention to stage fright. I just write what comes up naturally in the story world.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? 

Rhett Butler. Why? Because cause he's witty, urbane and insightful. Plus, he put up with Scarlett all those years and he deserves a metal.

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

Lady Chatterly's Lover and it disturbed me, but I was very young.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-? 

Nothing comes to mind.

Your favorite Author is-? 

Right now it's George R.R. Martin (The Game of Thrones) , although I'm mad at him for killing one of my favorite characters so I may jump ship soon.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

I'm not big on treasuring objects so I'd have to say, my children. Of course they aren't possessions but they are certainly treasured. Other than them, I treasure my computer because it provides a method to write that suits me.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

My main characters are always from scratch, but the occasional annoying character who sometimes shows up in my books is probably a composite of certain people who really ticked me off.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I think there will always be a steady market for adult fiction,

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

Hard to say. It depends on the relationship.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

I can't imagine a reason to do that. If they're too shy, they sure aren't going to buy it.

What is your motto?

Always make sure you write what serves the story.

To find out more about this amazing author check out today’s book blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment