Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Author Cage ~ Author M.E. Yildirim steps into the cage today.

Authorcage

 

Today in author cage we have author  M.E. Yildirim. We would like to thank her for stopping by and sharing with us. So are you ready?

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Thank you for having me. I am a Paranormal Romance author, and although I feel the biggest affiliation with this genre, I think it is safe to say everything that contains 'romance' is a fair game to me. I am a wife and a down to earth person... when I am not writing that is.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

There are days I still don't consider myself a writer. I've always imagined a writer to be an elderly person with a long, well lived life, enjoying the warmth of their fireplace and spending evenings reminiscing the past while writing it down. That's not me. But I think it dawned on me after my first novel was published in my country.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

In my opinion adult fiction is simply based on life, with a little extra to spice things up. We can love vampires, shapeshifters and all the supernatural, but we need to find some qualities in them we can refer and relate to. They need to be as real as possible with all their merits and flaws bared mercilessly for readers to judge.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

Sex is a part of life, and it is hardly a taboo, so I thought it was going to be yet another subject to write about. And it turns out I was completely wrong! I need to see them first, imagine scents, sounds and the atmosphere accompanying the scenes. Make them real in my head. Personally I prefer to write about the ever growing tension having its culmination in sex, not the sex itself. When I am satisfied with that, the rest just happens.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

Ciarán Blane, the alpha male from the second book in my "Chastity Point" series. While Keegan from the first book would probably be... safer choice, Ciarán's unpredictability is hard to resist. We all have inclination toward bad boys. It is part of our DNA code!

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

'Holy hell'! I believe that is quite literal. It wasn't a first book, but a series. My first Adult Paranormal series introduced me to the world of the Carpathians in Christine Feehan novels.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

I don't have a favorite book, more like authors. Lora Leigh would be favorite Erotic genre writer, and Nalini Singh for Paranormal.

Your favorite Author is-?

Nalini Singh

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

Books, new ones, old ones, it doesn't make a difference. I like to see the difference in covers, writing. How it was all changing when the years go back. I value especially these that belonged to my mother.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

Mostly from scratch, although I give them some merits I admire in some people I know, burden them with flaws I don't appreciate in those who had passed through my life. But the whole point is in creating them, I wouldn't find sporting simply telling someone else's real life story.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I don't think it is nowhere near being done. People always enjoyed reading, and writing, I don't think it is going to change. There are always new stories to be spun or new angles to retell the old ones.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

It depends how open people are, and how strong hooked in reality. They are not guides, they were never meant to be made into ones, therefore can't be treated as such. I believe it can spice up our sexual life, and perhaps through that improve relationships somewhat.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

I would say they should try until they find something that suits them. Not because a friend or a family member advised them to, but because they want to spend their time getting to know characters and story, with everything it entitles. It's not only about sex, it's about love, tears and laughter. It's about life.

What is your motto?

Not so much of a motto, but a reminder. Breathe. There is also one quote I've adapted years ago, that keeps me going, reminding me to choose my way, instead of agreeing to be someone I am not. It's a quote by Henry David Thoreau; “If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.”

To find out more about her and her work check out the book blast below.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog I wish lots of luck for your book
    count me on good luck everybody.
    Nice evening
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete