Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Author Cage ~ Author PJ Fiala steps into the cage today.

Authorcage

 

Today in the cage we have author PJ Fiala, author of Second Chances one of today’s book blasts. We would like to thank PJ Fiala for stopping by today and sharing with us. Here we go.

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Thank you for having me. I appreciate your time and the time of your readers. I live in Green Bay, Wisconsin. So, I am freezing! I have four children, ranging in age from 36 to 23. I have two grandchildren, ages 7 and 5 and one due in July. My husband and I are bikers and we ride as often as we can. We love taking off and riding in different directions. This year we are headed down to Arkansas to ride for a week.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

Well, I would say just last year when I finally sat down to write. I have always been a dreamer, with my head in the clouds. My stories were always there keeping me company. As I mentioned, my husband and I ride motorcycle and while on the road, I would dream up stories along the way using restaurants, stores, people I saw here and there and make up stories to keep me company while riding down the road. Last year, with encouragement from my husband, I sat down and started writing my story out.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

I love romance and love. There are so many people out there with stories that haven’t been told. People love reading about a couple finding each other, struggling, and finally coming together. I love that myself and consider myself an avid reader. As a matter of fact, I read two books last weekend.

Besides that, fiction is great because the story can be anything the author wants. No matter that sometimes it doesn’t seem plausible, such as shifters, vampires, witches, fairies, etc. If an author has an imagination and can weave a great story, the reader is going to read a great book.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer are the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

I have to tell you at first, it was uncomfortable. I was writing my first sex scene at the kitchen table and my husband walked up behind me to give me a kiss. I slammed the top of my computer down and turned a few shades of red. Of course that peeked his curiosity and he wanted to know what I was writing. We came to an agreement, if he would leave the room and let me finish, when I did finish, I would let him read it. After I wrote a few of those scenes, it became easier, although, I still don’t like it when anyone is in the room.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

Ohmygosh, I would love to go on a date with Gideon Cross!!! Mmm, mmm, mmm. He is sexy, tall, dark, handsome, wealthy, damaged and capable of love. Also, I would bet someone like him is very interesting to talk to with his business interests and all the places he has traveled. Besides Gideon, Tate from Kristen Ashley’s Sweet Dreams is one hot biker. I love a hot biker!

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

I would have to say 50 Shades. I had gotten out of the reading mode, due to family responsibilities, and a friend said her book club was reading 50 Shades and that the women were all going crazy for it. So, I thought, “What the hell?” I picked it up and read the trilogy in a weekend. Then I read it again through the next week. From there I was hooked and started devouring books in that genre. Before that, the adult fiction I had read was very, generic and vanilla.

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

I guess you don’t want to hear Second Chances? So, I will say I am still pretty stuck on the Crossfire series from Sylvia Day. I think partly because she hasn’t finished it yet and it feels like they are hanging out there waiting to be finished. I also loved the Stark Series and I have to say that Lauren Dane has a great series in the Brown Siblings Series. And, Kristin Ashley’s Colorado Mountain Series is amazing. Hard to pick just one.

Your favorite Author is-?

Right now I’m pretty hooked on Kristen Ashley. She’s a great story teller.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

The first thing that comes to mind is my wedding ring. It’s beautiful and it was given to me by my husband, Gene.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

For the most part I start out with characters from scratch, but little bits and pieces of people I know or stories I’ve heard over the years creep in to every character’s story.

Do you think adult fiction has reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I would never say anything has reached its limit. The world is changing every day and new inventions, new ideas, new ways of doing things continues to find its way into our lives. That undoubtedly will creep into stories that authors tell. I would say, there will be surprises out there, it’s just a matter of time.

Do you think adult fiction helps improve relationships?

I think it can. When you read something, for instance, a steamy sex scene, and it’s something that you find titillating and interesting and want to try, that can spice things up for both partners. Maybe it’s just a place to go, or something to do or see, it brings a new element into the relationship. We are all so busy and it’s really easy to fall into a routine. My husband and I have been there. We would talk about it and say, we need to do something different, but didn’t know what that would be. After reading a few sexy stories, we both had some new ideas.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

Well, I always tell people to open their minds. That being said it isn’t for everyone, but what is the harm in reading it? You don’t have to read it out loud to anyone. If you need privacy to read it, go sit in a room alone and read away. You may find that you really like it. If not, at least you tried. Not trying is worse than trying it and not liking it.

What is your motto?

Ahh, well, I am a huge believer in karma. “Karma is a bitch” is one of my mottos. I always try to only put out there what I would want back. “Follow the Golden Rule” is my other motto. And finally, for my family, my motto is, “We live in the land of the free, because of the brave.”

 

Remember to check out the book blast below to find out more about his amazing author.

No comments:

Post a Comment