Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Author Cage ~ Patricia D Eddy steps into Only The Brave

Authorcagehot

Today author Patricia D Eddy steps into the hot seat on the blog. We would like to thank Patricia for being an absolute sport and going for the our Only The Brave interview. Yeah, we know you love your braves, we too! So lets get this on…

Are you ready?

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m a paranormal romance and erotica author from Seattle, Washington. I’m married and have three cats who hate letting me write uninterrupted. I’m a triathlete and a marathoner, though currently I’m on a yoga kick.
Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?
They say write the types of stories that you want to read. That’s what I did. I’m not sure that I started out writing adult fiction. My stories all usually start with a single scene in my head. From there, I craft the tale around the character or characters in that scene. Though most of my starting scenes contain some sort of adult content, they aren’t all romances. By the time the stories are done, they usually end up that way. I’m a romantic, through and through, and I want happy endings.
Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?
I’m not sure that I ever had stage fright other than not wanting my mother to read my books. She has, and claims she loves them. I’m not sure I really want to picture her reading the steamy scenes. She came to visit me once and was reading Fifty Shades…sitting on my couch. When I walked into the room and saw that, I turned around and walked right out. But I operate on the belief that no matter how tame or steamy my sex scenes are, they’ll find someone who likes them.
Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?
Well, I wouldn’t be a good author if I didn’t pick one of my own characters, but if I had to chose another, I’d pick Roarke from the Eve Dallas novels. I’m a sucker for a British or Irish accent. Plus, I have this image of him in my head, but Nora Roberts (JD Robb) doesn’t show him on any of the book covers, so I want to know if my image is correct.
Your favorite adult fiction books is-?
Ooo. You know, I have so many that it’s hard to pick. But let’s go with the one I just finished that was a surprise to me. By My Choice. It’s a little novella by Christine Blackthorn. It’s got vampires and a relationship between the two main characters that’s inevitable and not based on love. But still, there’s a tenderness there that was unexpected between the two main characters and by the end you can see that they are going to be happy.
Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?
I’m not sure that there are a lot of surprises left, but I also don’t think that we’ve seen the full potential. With the new popularity of self-publishing, we’re seeing so many new and emerging authors who never had a chance to be published before. As the market evolves, and hopefully makes it easier for indie authors to gain market share and publicity, I think we’ll see a wealth of new authors and at that point…who knows?
We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?
My cats. I can’t say I’m overly attached to things. I love my things, don’t get me wrong. I’d be sad if my house burned down and I couldn’t save any of them. But there are few things that I would consider irreplaceable in my life other than family, friends, and cats.
Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?
My characters might have occasional traits from those in my life, but if they do, that’s not intentional. I haven’t yet had that typical author experience of writing someone in my life into one of my novels.
Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?
That depends. I think adult fiction can help in the right circumstances. But I also think it can set unrealistic expectations. We need to realize that so much of what’s written is an idealized version of life. I mean, characters in adult fiction don’t pee, never seem to have gas, and don’t wake up with horrible morning breath. And let’s not even start with the fact that no man is ever accused of leaving the seat up in adult fiction.
If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?
Hmm. I’d start with Nora Roberts. The sex is steamy but not too risqué.
What is your motto?
No motto. My life is fluid. Having a motto would imply that I thought things should stay the same. Smile
You have a few steamy moments in your novel. Were they created from fantasy or is there real life experience behind it?
I think all of the sex scenes have at least a tiny kernel of truth to them, but though I love my husband dearly, I don’t really think that anyone’s sex life lives up to what you read in romance novels. I try to have at least a kernel of experience…for example, I wouldn’t write about fellatio if I hadn’t done it. That sort of thing.
Why did you choose a virgin rather than a more experienced woman? (Or vice versa)
I chose a woman who’d been raped and abused for By the Fates, Fought. Her healing was a central theme of the novel. I’ve never chosen a virgin for any of my novels because I think there are very few first time sexual experiences that are actually good. Physically, there’s pain involved. And though of course I was a virgin once, it was many years ago and remembering that far back is just hard.
Foreplay, some say it’s just a waste of energy, others feel that it’s a must. You’re opinion?
I could go either way, really. There are times that you just want to get to it. Physically, of course, there are things that have to happen before cock meets channel, but if you can get there without a lot of foreplay, then get to the good stuff! That said, sometimes the lead up is even better if it’s done right. It depends on the man.
What sexual position is your favorite?
See the answer to the motto question. It depends on the day, week, month…if the position gets me off, I’m all for it.
Have you ever used your nails and left marks?
Yes.
Do you think lingerie is a must for a relationship?
Nope. The body should be enough. A nice package isn’t a bad thing, but it’s not the lingerie that produces the orgasm. It’s the body.
Are you a screamer or the bite it down kind of lover?
Mostly a moaner/screamer.
Why did you choose to write Paranormal/Fantasy?
I love the idea that there’s magic in the world. I also love the idea that magic can enhance the sexual and emotional connection between two characters. Vampires, witches, and werewolves all have the concept of mates and sometimes having no choice in who you love and then you have to make the best of it.
What creature/species do you think makes the ultimate lover?
Werewolves. My second choice is a vampire. The animal magnetism is just so…intense.
What creature/species if you’re favorite?
Vampires. Living forever is a pretty strong draw.
Yep, our Only The Brave’s are the best! Remember to check out the book blast for By The Fates and find out more about this amazing author and her books.









































No comments:

Post a Comment