Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Author Cage ~ Author KI Lynn heats up the blog with author cage

Authorcagehot

 

Hi guys, we have another sizzling author cage! Author K.I. Lynn stepped up bravely and took on our intense author interview, and did she make it look easy. We would like to thank her for stopping by and just making our day super. So…

Are you Ready??

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am K.I. Lynn, aka Cat, and I am a stay-at-home writer as well as foster mommy to a precious little pit bull. I’m married to my eHarmony find, living in southwest Ohio. My mind is filled with too many WIP’s and I’m sure my husband probably thinks I’m insane sometimes when I talk to my characters.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

Like many authors coming out of the woodwork these days, it started with a love of a love that left me wanting more and led me to fanfiction. It was my first venture writing for an audience, and it turned out bringing me much joy and sending me down the smut filled spiral I now revel in.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

It was tough, but I’d say it was anonymity. Since I started in fanfiction, my first debut of steamy scenes was to that audience. I wasn’t on Facebook at that time, so it was just me, a wall, then the readers. It is embarrassing, though, that my mother-in-law recently started reading my first novel, Breach, which is full of steamy scenes!

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

*hangs head* Sadly, it’s been months since I read a book I wasn’t editing. I’ve been working so hard on books and all that goes into self-publishing, that I feel guilty if I’m reading and not writing! Especially since I’m behind on my schedule, like I am now.

Also, there is a big difference between Date and Sex… many characters I would have sex with, but don’t think I’d go on a date with. ;)

Your favorite adult fiction books is-?

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

Based on the number of books released this past year, I have a feeling the train will be going for a long while.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

My curio cabinet filled with my Jaja’s precious things. Out of those precious things, the ones I love the most are the little wind-up toys. One of my fondest memories of her house was always the bowl of wind-up plastic toys.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

Both. In the Breach series, Lila has quite a bit of basis from me. Overall, they are from scratch.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

Yes! I get so many emails of thanks, and many from husbands.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

All your friends are doing it. lol! No, really it would be more of something along the line of how on this day and age, ereaders make it so no one has to know what you’re reading. Ereaders give readers anonymity, so unless someone is looking over your shoulder, all anyone is going to see is the back of your ereader or phone or computer.

What is your motto?

Just keep writing…

You have a few steamy moments in your novel. Were they created from fantasy or is there real life experience behind it?

85% fantasy.

Why did you choose a experienced woman rather than a virgin?

I hate writing virgins. HATE. Plus, I’m not sure the exact percentage, but I’m guessing the vast majority of women have lost their virginity by the time they are 20. Not all, but very many. Since most of my books written and in progress the h is in her mid-twenties and above, I don’t see it being plausible.

Foreplay, some say it’s just a waste of energy, others feel that it’s a must. You’re opinion?

On occasion. I mean, who doesn’t love being bent over a table, skirt lifted, and being plowed into. *dazed look* oh yeah…

What sexual position is your favorite?

Don’t know if it has a name, but it’s missionary where he grabs my ankles and pushed them toward my head. It tilts the pelvis and he hits THE spot.

Have you ever used your nails and left marks?

Sadly, no. I’m still waiting for my nails encounter. Hubs needs to get on that.

Do you think lingerie is a must for a relationship?

No. Sexy undergarments – you need some. Lingerie – depends on your man. If he loves it, then why not please him? Or if it just gives the woman a boost of confidence and sexiness.

Are you a screamer or the bite it down kind of lover?

Screamer. Loud screamer. We have to shut the windows in the summer. Have no idea what’s going to happen when we have kids.

Yep, that was freaking fantastic! If you would like to find out more about K.I Lynn head over here

No comments:

Post a Comment