Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

In Author Cage today we have a sizzling hot and intense interview with author Ashlynne Laynne as she takes on Only The Brave!!!

Authorcagehot

Hell yeah!! Our very first author interview, and it’s a brave one!! We would like to thank Ashlynne Laynne for joining us today and even more for being our very first brave author to take on the baddest author interview. With our only the brave interview were digging deep and getting some intense and serious answers.

 

Are you ready?

 

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Wow! I’m pretty stoked to be here today. I’m Ashlynne Laynne and I write interracial, erotic, paranormal romance with vampires, witches, and the occasional demon to keep things balanced. It’s a mouthful, I know, but it helps the books appeal to a broader demographic of readers. I’m American and married to a wonderful man for ten years and have an adult son.

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

When I began writing The Progeny, I was unsure of how hot I wanted to write. I’ve never been shy about sex, so I’m not exactly sure why I held back. A dear writer friend who is wickedly gifted with words, Leanore Elliott, took one look at The Progeny and said, “There is an erotica writer itching to come out. Damn it, let her out!” The rest is pretty much history. My erotic awakening came while writing Blood Bonds and I never looked back. I joke that Blood Promise was my official plunge into the erotica pool.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

Writing sex scenes is my favorite part of writing and I’ve never experienced fear while writing them. It’s therapeutic, cleansing even. It’s so freeing to simply write what you mean without hiding behind the words. I don’t knock those who don’t write erotically, but I prefer the liberation of writing hot.

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

I’d say one of my vamp boys, but I consider them like my literary children---so that would just be wrong. I rather like Gideon Cross from the Crossfire Series. He’s sort of bossy, but Sylvia Day writes him so damned hot. He’s classy, gorgeous, and really knows how to spoil a woman—two things essential in the chase.

Your favorite adult fiction books is-?

Reading and writing adult fiction are so new to me that I honestly can’t answer this question. I’m pretty much immersed in my own world, which leaves little time for me to read other authors.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

As we’ve seen lately, adult fiction is always reinventing itself. I think it kinda flows in waves—it’s hot for a while then tempers down, while never completely disappearing. Love or hate them, I think we have the Fifty Shades books to thank for this recent uptick in adult fiction consumption.

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

That would be my wedding band. It matches my husband’s and is engraved with our wedding date and a message special to the both of us.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

Shauna is loosely based on a late friend of mine. Several characters within the Progeny Series are based on actual friends in my inner circle. For me, creating a character with the likeness of an actual person is my way of showing love.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

I’d like to think that my writing has somehow inspired a couple to give that special part of their lives a new start. I think it would be cool to have a swarm of babies named Ascher and Shauna in the world. Intimacy is such a vital part of a relationship, and trust goes hand in hand.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

I’d impress upon them the fact that we are all sexual creatures who need physical and emotional stimulation. There is nothing shameful about that. Also, I’d remind them that an e-reader is their best friend. You can read anything you want now, without having to feel guilty about others seeing the cover—not that I give a damn about that.

What is your motto?

My motto when writing is, “Hard sex with harder love”. This means that for as raw as my characters may go at one another in the bed, love will always be the foundation of that sex.

 

You have a few steamy moments in your novel. Were they created from fantasy or is there real life experience behind it?

I’ll never write a scene or position that I haven’t personally tried. I mean…come on, research is essential in writing the hot stuff.

Why did you choose a virgin rather than a more experienced woman?

For me, I just wanted Ascher to be Shauna’s first. She’s 21 and was raised in a strictly religious household, so it wasn’t a stretch to believe that she could be a virgin at that age. I also wanted the readers to see the couple grow into their relationship and sex together.

Foreplay, some say it’s just a waste of energy, others feel that it’s a must. You’re opinion?

Are you kidding me? Foreplay in sex is just as important as warming up before you run. Anyone who says it is a waste of time is probably a selfish lover only concerned with their own pleasure.

What sexual position is your favorite?

Sitting—female facing and on top. Nothing’s sexier than seeing your lover’s face as you pleasure them.

Have you ever used your nails and left marks?

I’m sure my husband thinks of them as marks of honor. Scratches and scraps mean that you’re so good that a woman has no choice but to dig her nails into you.

Do you think lingerie is a must for a relationship?

I’m not really a lingerie type of woman. I’ll wear it, but eventually it gets taken off (or sometimes ripped off). I say, cut out the middle man and just come ready in your birthday suit!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a screamer or the bite it down kind of lover?

I’m a screamer, most definitely.

Why did you choose to write Paranormal/Fantasy?

I’ve been obsessed with vampires since seeing Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire. This was the genesis of my insatiable love for him and the fanged ones.

There is a lot of biting in your novel, are you a biter yourself?

In my novels, biting is of the sensual type. I’m not a biter myself, but I do think it would be brutally hot to have a vamp god sink his teeth into you whilst stirring you into orgasm. Total yummm.

What creature/species do you think makes the ultimate lover?

I’m a vamp girl, through and through. No other paranormal creature quite equals vampires for lovers, in my opinion. They’re bold and sexy with lean, sculpted bodies filled with immortal strength and ability. They’re devoted brothers, enemy slayers, and erotic lovers capable of completely satisfying their chosen mate. Plus, they’re centuries old. Can you imagine the tricks they know?

When I decide to write my own vamps, I wasn’t afraid to dictate my world—even when it went going against the grain of traditional vampire roles. For me, creating feeling and intense vampires that were outside the typical vampire box was important. My boys love passionately, have a strong sense of brotherhood, and feel the full gamut of human emotions.

What creature/species is your favorite?

I actually have two. The love of witches came in my twenties, and I’ve since developed an equal affection for magic yielding women and guys. I love them just as much as vampires and was happy to be able to incorporate both of my paranormal loves into the Progeny Series.

 

Yep, our only the brave interview is not for sissies! What an awesome interview!! We love when an author not only writes incredible but have the heart of a warrior. Here is where you can find more heart racing, hot and bothered, totally squealing books from Ashlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment