Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Author Cage: Marisa Cleveland stops by to take on author cage.

Authorcage

Hi guys, so today we have invited author Marisa Cleveland over for a turn in author cage. Marisa is the fabulous author of today’s book blast Pushed. We would like to thank Marisa for stopping by and giving us some insights about her and her work. So here we go…

 

 

Welcome to Darkest Cravings, tell us a little bit about yourself?

Hi! Thanks so much for having me today! I love connecting with other readers and writers, and blogs are always so fun. I never know what to say when people ask me about me, because I’m really rather private. Haha. But I love to read and I love to write, and I’m actually quite excited to be alive in a time when social media allows me to make connections with people from the safety of my own room.

When did you first consider yourself a “writer”?

I can’t remember a time when I didn’t think of myself as a writer, but I didn’t admit it out loud until I quit teaching in 2010. Before that, I treated my writing like a hobby, and after that, when people asked what I did, I would say, “I’m a writer.”

Writing adult fiction isn’t for everyone, how did you end up writing for the toughest audience?

I was that girl in school with the romance novel tucked into her textbook, and I think romance novels are the perfect how-to books for life. I wanted to be one of those authors writing about relationships and I wanted to freedom to explore how intimacy plays a part in forming lasting bonds.

Most of the intimidating parts of being an adult fiction writer is the steamy scenes, how did you overcome the “stage fright”?

The steamy scenes can be super fun, depending on my characters. If my heroine is shy, then it’s a challenge to balance her sexiness with her innocence. As for overcoming “stage fright”, well… I’m hidden behind my monitor! ;)

Which fictional character would you like to go on a date with? Why?

This changes every time I read a new book! Right now, I’m absolutely in love with Cyntag from Jaime Rush’s Dragon Awakened.

What was the first adult fiction novel that you read? What was your reaction?

I’m not sure I remember the exact novel, but it was a Harlequin one, and I remember thinking, so this is what love is all about! I can’t wait to fall in love!

Your favorite adult fiction book is-?

Too many to name, but Atlas Shrugged helped defined me in high school.

Your favorite Author is-?

Whatever 5 star novel I’m reading! My favorite authors are the ones who write the novels that make me remember why I love to read!

We all have a treasured possession, what is yours?

A thing? My blankie. I love it. I still have it. But metaphorically? My most treasured possession is my hubby’s love, and I hope I never do anything to lose it.

Are your characters based on real people or did you create them from scratch?

Mostly from scratch, but even with scratch, there are ingredients that have to be there from somewhere.

Do you think adult fiction have reached its full potential yet, or are we still in for a huge surprise?

I’d love to think that there are a few surprises still left out there.

Do you think adult fiction helps improves relationships?

Absolutely! I think it’s fascinating to read about how other characters interact.

If you have to pitch adult fiction to someone that’s too shy to read it, what would you pitch?

Oh, that’s a tough one! Too shy to read… I’d probably find out what types of characters they like and go from there. After all, there has to be a book out there for everyone!

What is your motto?

I don’t think I have a motto, but lately I’ve been repeating to myself, “Enjoy the journey…” and Tamara Mataya sent me this fabulous pink mug that says, “Cherish the journey.” She’s super awesome!

If you would like to find out more about this fabulous author check out today’s book blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment